I’ve been working on a short documentary film tentatively titled “When Dogs Die.” It’s about the end of life of dogs and how we humans deal with that loss. One of the people I’ve interviewed for the film is Mike Thomas, caretaker at the Pine Ridge Pet Cemetery in Dedham, MA. While working on this project I began taking a class in documentary film making since I quickly learned how much I didn’t know. One of the assignments for the class was to create a video portrait of someone. Since I already had an extensive interview with Mike, and I liked him as a subject, I decided to do my portrait about him. I spoke with him a couple more times while he was at work at the cemetery. This short film then is about Mike and the work he does. It’s not exactly an excerpt of “When Dogs Die,” but portions of this short film will no doubt appear in the longer final film. At one point while interviewing Mike, he said he’d “become the cemetery guy.” I liked that line and so made it the title for this short piece. Unfortunately the line itself didn’t make it into the film.
- Nice! twitter.com/jwgop/status/8… 3 months ago
- Ha! twitter.com/rabihalameddin… 8 months ago
- @MassDOT Thank you! 1 year ago
- Hey, @MassDot , do you think you could fill in that small trench running across Mass Pike eastbound beneath the Comm Ave overpass? Thanks. 1 year ago
- RT @JonnyGeller: Nixon's True Legacy. #DonaldTrump https://t.co/qx8Dw10sfO 1 year ago