I got an email from a friend the other day. He had seen a guy I know the day before. He wrote in his email: “‘So and so’ says hi.” I know we all do this, but when you think about the act of asking a third party to say hi to a friend of yours, well, it’s actually an insult. What you’re saying is, “I don’t have the time or inclination to call or write you myself, so I’m saying hi via this other person who knows nothing about our relationship.” Now, that’s sincere. Right? The Rule: Don’t ask a friend to say hi to another friend. Make the call yourself. Otherwise, keep your mouth shut.
- The Dad Who Photoshops His Baby Daughter Into Dangerous Situations newyorker.com/culture/rabbit… 11 months ago
- Still the image on my checks, not that I'm writing checks anymore... twitter.com/LaphamsQuart/s… 12 months ago
- RT @kathrynschulz: Late to this, but really enjoying the logical consequence of NYC's mandate that dogs on the subway must be in a bag. htt… 12 months ago
- Nice! twitter.com/jwgop/status/8… 1 year ago
- Ha! twitter.com/rabihalameddin… 1 year ago