I got an email from a friend the other day. He had seen a guy I know the day before. He wrote in his email: “‘So and so’ says hi.” I know we all do this, but when you think about the act of asking a third party to say hi to a friend of yours, well, it’s actually an insult. What you’re saying is, “I don’t have the time or inclination to call or write you myself, so I’m saying hi via this other person who knows nothing about our relationship.” Now, that’s sincere. Right? The Rule: Don’t ask a friend to say hi to another friend. Make the call yourself. Otherwise, keep your mouth shut.
- Nice! twitter.com/jwgop/status/8… 3 months ago
- Ha! twitter.com/rabihalameddin… 8 months ago
- @MassDOT Thank you! 1 year ago
- Hey, @MassDot , do you think you could fill in that small trench running across Mass Pike eastbound beneath the Comm Ave overpass? Thanks. 1 year ago
- RT @JonnyGeller: Nixon's True Legacy. #DonaldTrump https://t.co/qx8Dw10sfO 1 year ago