According to SpaceWeather.com, tonight is a good night to observe the Northern Lights if you happen to be in northern Alaska, Canada, or Norway. I spent a winter in the Lofoten Islands of Norway (above the Arctic Circle) and I will tell you, the northern lights there are absolutely psychedelic. Burgundy-colored curtains floating through the sky, concentric cirlces of orange light sizzling by and electric green splotches, all accompanied by a low level hissing and crackling. You know you’re close to where the ionized particles are hitting the earth when you can hear them. The photos at spaceweather, though good, don’t capture some of the really wild pyrotechnics that can occur in the dark of winter.
- Nice! twitter.com/jwgop/status/8… 3 months ago
- Ha! twitter.com/rabihalameddin… 8 months ago
- @MassDOT Thank you! 1 year ago
- Hey, @MassDot , do you think you could fill in that small trench running across Mass Pike eastbound beneath the Comm Ave overpass? Thanks. 1 year ago
- RT @JonnyGeller: Nixon's True Legacy. #DonaldTrump https://t.co/qx8Dw10sfO 1 year ago